Stuart is a highly effective and profit focused Business Consultant. He works with organisations supporting their complex and risky business change programmes, employing ‘appropriate rigour’ in the following areas:
- New operation set up
- Changes to existing operations
- Organisational change
- Strategy development
- Bid and Tender management
- Systems implementation
- Process review, design and improvement
Stuart’s specialist areas are:
- Project Leadership – of significant business change across multiple sectors and functions
- Process Improvement – in service businesses to improve customer satisfaction and profitability
- Mentoring of teams and individuals where his learning, experience and enthusiastic style enlighten a serious subject
Stuart’s expertise developed during his sixteen years with Lex Service, which included both profit responsible and business improvement roles in contract hire, logistics and car retail businesses. In 2000, Stuart decided to put these skills to the test in the outside world and established Stonac Limited. Since then, he has successfully completed over fifty projects across different sectors and functional areas.
Stuart’s passion for improvement is applied equally to his own personal development which is supported through membership of the Chartered Management Institute, the Institute of Interim Management and the British Computer Society and Prince2 accreditation.
Along the way, he has developed a reputation for delivery, rigour and exceptional interpersonal skills – and a long list of dreadful jokes to keep any meeting from becoming dull!
The following are examples of his work:
- Project managed the creation of a car manufacturer’s National Learning Centre including design and implementation of processes and systems. It opened on time and on budget
- Change management support for a public sector body during four reorganisations including organisational design, job descriptions and consultation
- Led a business improvement project that increased maintenance throughput within the workshops responsible for the maintenance of a large police vehicle fleet
- Reviewed retail business processes in advance of a worldwide SAP implementation plus mentoring the team charged with the responsibility of roll out prior to its start
Aside from business, Stuart’s family keep him busy and active including a full range of sporting interests from watching the boys playing rugby and cricket to his own never ending quest to be a better golfer! Non sporting interest include travelling, gadgets and listening to music of a noisy guitar based rock variety.