All organisations are in a state of constant change – it’s an unavoidable fact of life today. It’s also a fact that change carries risk and absorbs money and focus from the ‘day job’. This is why it is imperative that change is managed properly.
We have extensive experience helping customers with a wide range of projects. Often they are the result of a previous process improvement exercise but we have also supported our customers through reorganisation, outsourcing, business start up, software selection and so on.
OUR DEFINITION OF PROJECT LEADERSHIP COVERS THE FOLLOWING AREAS
- Programme and Project Management
- Programme Office set up and management
- Supporting businesses implement and ‘train in’ new processes and systems
We work with customers on a wide range of projects and we tailor our approach according to the impact of the change. Our maxim is ‘maximum rigour with minimum admin’. However, whatever the approach, it can be traced back through to recognised techniques.
Most methodologies adhere to the following principles:
- Initiate – set up project, agree scope and main objectives
- Plan – decide who is doing what and when
- Do it – broken down into many tasks
- Test it – quality assurance tasks and rectification
- Review – close project down and review
We use, and are accredited under Prince2. We are sometimes asked why – the methodology receives a bad press in certain quarters. In our view, it is an excellent tool when it is tailored properly to take into account the impact and riskiness of the project.
We also manage projects that are complex, for example, several connected activities (or programmes), where staff are not full time on the project or there are multiple locations. Whatever the circumstances, you will get rigour, attention to detail, high standards of documentation and genuine commitment to improving your business.