Project management of the creation of a large training centre.
Volkswagen Group (UK) is responsible for sales of Audi, SEAT, Skoda and Volkswagen cars and commercial vehicles in the UK. In 2003, the Group commissioned the build of its £8.3m National Learning Centre.
Issues / Challenges
- Tight deadline for opening – January 4th 2005
- Meeting the expectations of premium brands
Aims of the project
We were engaged to help manage the project and its six workstreams that included the processes, organisational design, fit out and systems for the state of the art facility. The building work ran through 2003 and 2004 and the ‘business’ part of the project really kicked off at the start of 2004.
- Set up of the programme
- Working with workstream leaders to deliver their part of the programme
- Design and implementation of the IT systems and connectivity
- Planning training room allocation
- Hotel room booking
- Parking for up to 400 delegates per day
- Countdown planning
The Centre opened on time and on budget in January 2005.
The importance of working with all of the brands and collaborating to ensure that expectations were met.