The next IIM Meeting will be held at the David Lloyd Club in Milton Keynes on Tuesday, 6th June 2017.
- Flat rate VAT scheme – in or out
- Stay freelance or move into employment (freelance not always the best choice)
- Company car v Personal car
- Salary v dividends
- Buy-to-let – in or out
- Selling more hours at a lower rate v fewer hours at a higher rate
- Pensions freedoms – annuity v drawdown
- Introductions (brief)
- What we learnt last time and the difference it made
- “Should I stay or should I go?” (by Richard Freeman and Peter Woodruff)
- Confirmation of the next sessions’ subject
We start at 7p.m. and the sessions last a maximum of two hours. The room with tea, coffee and biscuits will be available from 6.15 pm to allow for meeting other attendees beforehand.
- Tuesday, 7th November 2017 (Subject to be confirmed)
Background to the IIM MK Local Node Meetings
The meetings are for Interim Managers, Independent Consultants and other members of the freelance community.
The objectives are:
- To meet other Interims / Freelancers in an informal environment
- To share best practice
- To facilitate collaboration
The main event runs from 7pm until 9pm but with refreshments available from 6.15pm. The location is David Lloyd, Livingstone Drive, Newlands, Milton Keynes, MK15 0DL. A small charge of £15 plus VAT is made to cover room hire and refreshments and we use Eventbrite to manage the tickets.
The meetings were started by Stuart Copeland in response to an initiative by the Institute of Interim Management to hold regional get togethers. The first meeting was held in a pub in April 2010 with just four people but have run quarterly ever since with increasing attendances.